Submit your application here if you are
- a postgraduate student in the School of Education
- a staff member/Research Associate in the School of Education.
Before submitting your application
While completing the application you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- research proposal
- Information letters and consent forms (see an example letter and form)
- All research tools such as questionnaires & interview questions
You should receive feedback within two weeks of submission.
Once your application is approved you will receive a letter with outcome and reference number which is signed by the Chair of the School of Education REC.
If you are conducting research in a government school that falls under WCED, you will need to get ethical clearance from the School of Education BEFORE making that application.
If applying for access to staff and student populations at UCT, do so after ethics approval has been received.
- form DSA100 (access to students) submit to Department of Student Affairs
- HR194 (access to staff) submit to Human Resources